CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ROCK ON


Tuesday, September 2, 2008


I can feel it.  Deep inside me, creeping, continuously nagging, but not overwhelming.  I try to ignore it by occupying my time with other things but to no avail.  There is no escape....the first day of school is fast approaching.  I am feeling the anxiety of starting a new program at a new school, in a new city and state, unsure of what the future holds.  I ask myself what will I wear? Who will I sit by at lunch?  What if no one likes me?  Now I know this may seem trivial, especially for a grown married 28 year old man with three kids, but seriously does this bag make me look fat?  

Anyway, its true I am starting my Masters in Nurse Anesthesia program tomorrow and I am a little anxious, though not for the reasons mentioned above.  I am excited because this is the last leg of what we set out to do back in 2004 and we are grateful that things are going according to plan.  I now have 27 months of school here in Maine (hence the name "The Maine Man", get it, its a play on words, oh nevermind).  I'm going to try to use this blog as my anesthesia journal siting all the exciting things that transpire in the life of a student registered nurse anesthetist.  I know you can hardly wait.  Game on.  

9 comments:

Kristi said...

I thought you looked hot your first day! Love you.

Dianne said...

Derek-Remember to play nice with the other kids, hold hands when you cross the street (with Kristi),
and don't pick your nose and eat your boogers! (Or at least don't get caught!) You look so handsome, that blue does wonders for your eyes! I am so jealous that you are going to school, I did sign up for Literature & American History online at BYU-I. I am happier than I have been in a long time and love my horses & my kids & my two exchange students & my husband! I thought I had better throw that last one in! Good Luck this week and know that we love your bunz! Jo Mamma

Ashley said...

No your face does:) I like your blog title very clever. After you become a CRNA your should write some books. when I read your blog I felt like I was reading about a very deep intellect........that cant be right?! But seriously your are a good writer, you get that from your mamma! Im so glad you are doing this blog because I never get to talk to you and now I get to be part of your life kinda! yea and I can write any kind of comment I want. Did mom used to eat boogers are her first day of school? gross! Dont get to caught up in the blogging that you dont get your homework done:) I hope school is going good:) I think mom is starting her own petting zoo/orphanage.. that woman.

Ashley said...

you did look hot....

Ashley said...

I abbreviated your future profession wrong...sorry
okay I will quit commenting now!
love ya

Erin Fanello said...

You are your mother's son, you are so punny:) You are a good writer, I got a good grade once because of your skills, I remember it because you can't stop bringing it up:) Anyway I am really proud of you and I can't wait for you to finish this last leg so you can move back asap!! We miss you guys so much, my travels took me passed warner and civic center and I about started crying. You will do great in school, and everyone will like you cause you are the cool fun kid, always have been! Keep this thing updated or your in trouble! love ya erin

Erin Fanello said...

also, your blog is too plain, can I put some pretty paper on it? let me know.

Dianne said...

May I clarify-I did not eat boogers on my first day of school, however I raised 7 children who did!! I am not starting a petting zoo/ orphanage... I will tell you that we do love our exchange students and our horses, bunnies, fish and dog! Ashley was here and made the girls laugh constantly! I am pretty sure they think she is a "dumb" blonde (actually Only Katharina thinks that, Louise just laughs at her constantly! They are darling girls! Now I have 7 daughters who make me laugh constantly, and one really girly son!! (That was from Ashley! tee-hee!) Love you all Mama Mia

Kristi-girl date on Saturday to the movie & lunch! Be there!

Emily Vickery said...

hello my dearest Derek! I am so happy you have a page so we can all get our daily dose of the terapin.(that's you:) glad your doing so well- I miss you and your tacos. take care, ems