CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ROCK ON


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well, I have been getting some flak from certain people about not keeping my blog up to date.  For your information, I wrote a long, somewhat emotional post about 9/11 and my thoughts on that.  Unfortunately it failed to post and I lost the draft.  Feeling that I wouldn't be able to replicate the eloquent and moving post adequately, I didn't rewrite it.  I will say that even though it has been 7 years since 9/11, my thoughts still go to those whose lives were forever altered by the events of that day.  In the subsequent years we have had many natural disasters that devastated many parts of the world.  Although those natural disasters have caused widespread suffering and loss, my faith in humanity has been strengthened.  In these difficult times we have seen people rise up and search out opportunities to help.  People from all walks of life united in one purpose, working together to achieve a common goal.  It's unfortunate that sometimes it takes a disaster to bring us together, but it's comforting to know that love for your fellowman still exists. 



2 comments:

Dianne said...

Derek-very eloquently put! I, too, have been impressed by the acts of kindness and how the country pulled together. Vicki said after hurricane Ike, people have just been amazing at helping one another out even when they too are in dire straits. Makes me so glad to be an American, although I think all people pull together in times of trial. Thanks for reminding us of what 9-1-1 didn't do--destroy our love for each other! Love & Miss You-Mamma Mia

Dianne said...

PS-Stop ignoring me! You aren't playing nice like you promised on your first day of school. Not only are you supposed to be nice to the other kids, but to Jo Mamma, too! PUNK! Mamma Mia